- This event has passed.
Getting the best out of your DSLR
May 20 @ 9:00 am - 6:00 pm UTC+5.5
YPS Workshop | May 20 | Venkatappa Art Gallery
When you hold a modern day Digital SLR, you hold a really sophisticated equipment capable of performing unimaginable photographic tasks. They also come with bulky manuals that are difficult and time consuming to read and understand. As a result, we end up using it the same way we used its predecessors, the film SLR cameras. If you are in a position to understand the DSLR features and associated menu settings, you can get all those shots that you sadly missed in the past.To help you understand your DSLR better, YPS is happy to bring you this one-day Workshop with a focus on Camera Menu settings.
About the Workshop
Have you experienced loss of focus as that beautiful tiger went behind a tree and re-appeared on the other side while chasing a kill, which made you to miss an opportunity of a rare shot? If you have experienced frustration with your camera in similar situations, then it is time to address them.
Do you know there are 130+ settings in budget DSLRs and over 170 settings in high end professional DSLRs? We spend lot of money to buy the latest model of the DSLR from our favourite brand and end up using just about 4 or 5 functions that it offers. Today’s DSLRs offer very many advanced features in auto-focus, metering, exposure, white balance and creative picture taking that are aimed at helping the photographer to capture great pictures in difficult situations. Without a knowledge of those features, you will continue to miss those shots.
In this workshop you will see live demonstration of,
- Camera Settings
- Monitor Calibration
- Photoshop tuning
and other topics about DSLRs and Mirror-less cameras.
Important Information about the Workshop
- This workshop will cover only Nikon and Canon DSLRs with live demonstration using one of the makes.
- The participant will benefit by bringing the camera along (with fully charged battery) and following the live demonstration.
Fees & Registration
- Course Fee for YPS members is Rs. 1500/- per person. Member must be logged-in to register as a member.
- Course Fee for Non-members is Rs. 2000/- per person. Click here to become a YPS Member.
- Course Fee includes lunch and refreshments during breaks.
- Cancellations are permitted till May 17, 2018 with a cancellation fee of 50% of the fees.
- Cancellation is not permitted after May 17, 2018.
- Registered participants can send a Cancellation Request through email to email@example.com.
About Shri. G S Babu
The workshop will be conducted by Shri. G S Babu, popularly known as “Digital Babu” for his expertise with cameras. Shri. Babu is a professional photographer from Mysore with love for photography and mindset for teaching. He had successfully conducted hundreds of these workshops in Mysore, Bangalore, Chennai and other places. He is very active in Mysore and teaches photography for children too. Recognizing his services, The Mysore District Photographers and Videographers Charitable Trust had felicitated him with “Chaya Ratna” and “Chaya Seva Ratna” awards in 2013 and 2014.