- This event has passed.
March 27 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm UTC+5.5
YPS Meet Live | March 27 Sat | 5:30 PM | 90 Minutes | ZOOM | YPS MEMBERS ONLY
Learn to take pictures that get noticed, just using your phone.
“The best camera is the one that is always with you – your Phone”
Discover new angles, portraits, and backdrops with the ease and clarity of a Phone lens & Phone add-ons, and editing tools that enhance each and every image and its perspective.
This is part of the PSA Webinar series that is brought to members of YPS.
YPS is a member club of PSA since October last year. As part of the member benefits, PSA offers free PSA Webinars to the member clubs. This Phon-o-graphy Workshop is part of the above education offering.
This workshop will be facilitated by Mr. Jerry Hug, APSA. The duration of the workshop is 90min. Workshop will be in English. Strictly open only to YPS members.
- The workshop will be delivered through Zoom.
- The link to participate the workshop will be sent to the members through WhatsApp and Email.
- The maximum capacity of the workshop is 100 participants on a first-come basis. Whoever joins early can attend the workshop.
- Access the Zoom session from the desktop. Keep the phone free for hands-on experience.
- For iPhone users, this is a hands-on workshop. Participants will learn to set the Camera and Photo Settings for best results.
- Android Phone users can join the workshop to understand how to process images.
- The phone must have Snapseed (free) or Retouch (USD 1.99) installed on the phone to learn post-processing.
- All iPhone users will need to upgrade to iOS 14.4 (iPhone 6 or newer).
- You will get 11 pages of the Speaker’s notes after the workshop.
- Participants must download the following two photographs on to their phone. These photographs will be used to learn post-processing on phone. (Click on the image to download)
Download Speaker Notes (for logged in Members only):
About Mr. Jerry Hug
Mr. Jerry Hug is an award-winning photographer and a retired fine arts educator and administrator from the Maine Township Illinois High Schools. Jerry lectures and teaches at photographic conferences and workshops throughout the country. He is considered one of the go-to iPhone photography experts and is published in national journals. His work has produced permanent photo exhibits funded by the Illinois Arts Council featuring historical places in Park Ridge, Des Plaines and Niles, Illinois.
Mr. Hug’s works have appeared in the Chicago Cultural Center, the main Rotunda of the Thompson State of Illinois Building in Chicago, Brickton Gallery in Park Ridge, Bloomingdale Park District Museum, William Koheline Gallery at Oakton Community College, Johnson Galleries in Santa Fe, NM, The Clearing and the Hardy Gallery in Door County, WI, the Des Plaines History Center in Des Plaines, Illinois and the Graue Mill in Oakbrook, IL.
His works have been nationally published and are in included in various private collections on the North Shore.
Jerry has won various awards for his photography through the greater Chicago area. In 2001 he was commissioned to produce a series of Historical Places in Maine Township, which was funded by a grant from the State of Illinois. Jerry teaches Digital Photography at The Clearing in Ellison Bay and the Chicago area.
To see some of Jerry’s latest works, click the below links…
Please join and unleash the power of your phone.