- This event has passed.
Portraiture & Role of Lighting
June 21 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm UTC+5.5
YPS Meet Live | June 21, Sun | 5:30 PM | YPS Facebook page
To join the session
- Follow YPS Facebook page by clicking here, so that you get notified when the live session starts.
- Click on https://facebook.com/ypsbengaluru/live @ 5.30pm on Sunday 21 June, 2020.
About the Speaker
Mr. B K Agrawal, FIIPC, ESFIP, FAPPA, FSAP
He was born on 15th Feb, 1955 at Bolangir, Orissa in a business family and is a graduate in Science.
From Childhood beside photography he had deep interest in games like badminton, table tennis, chess and Yoga. He represented University for Badminton and table tennis.
His brother gifted a Kodak box camera to him at the tender age of twelve and his love for photography started with it. He was able to somehow pursue his passion in spite of resistance from family members. With five beautiful sisters and their friend to pose at will, he did not have to look outside home for models to practice upon. This put him in a path of specialising in Portrait Photography.
He came to Visakhapatnam in 1981 to expand family business in Automobile tyres and tubes. And started a tyre business in the name of Hindustan Sales.
He joined the then Coromandel Camera Club and conducted 1st All India Exhibition at Visakhapatnam in 1983.
Two awards and a certificate of merit in the very 1st exhibition put him in a path of no return. So far around 840 of his pictures have been exhibited in different National and International salons all over the world and have won more than 100 awards and certificates.
Conferred with Fellowship of India International Photographic Council (FIIPC) in the year 1999 in Fashion and advertisement section. Fellowship in photography is conferred upon a person in recognition to the person’s mastery over the medium of photography and should already have the honours of Associateship of any International body for at least 3 years. Besides the candidate should have been active in the field of photography for past 15 years. He should have an excellent and regular service record for photography. The recipient must have at least 150 acceptances in IIPC/PSA approved National and International salons. A desirable qualification for this honour is specialization in any branch of photography with a high degree of originality.
There were several unique features in the Fellowship Honour to him:
- He has received Licentiateship in Black & white, Associateship in colour slides and Fellowship in colour prints medium. This shows the mastery over all three media of Photography and is first of its kind.
- First person in the country to receive Fellowship in Fashion and advertising photography,
- First person in Andhra to receive fellowship of IIPC,
- The youngest recipient of this honour in India that time.
He has also been conferred with :
- Fellowship from Andhra Pradesh Photography Academy in 2018.
- Fellowship from Sigma Academy of Photography, Hyderabad 2018.
- ESFIP ( Excellence in Service Federation of Indian Photography) in Feb.2019. Only person in Andhra Pradesh to get it.
- Life Time Achievement Award from Academy of Visual Media, New Delhi, received in January 2007.
- Recently Nikon has made him Honorary NPS Member (Nikon Professional Service).
He has revived the defunct Visakha Camera Club in 1990 and has already conducted two National and three International exhibitions in the city.
He has conducted six state level and national photography workshops and was a faculty at Araku, Bhimilipatnam, Delhi, Jabalpur, Bangalore, Jamshedpur, Goa, Hyderabad, Kausani, Mumbai, Andaman, Varanasi, Thailand and other places beside regular workshops at Visakhapatnam for beginners and professionals.
He is a regular faculty in National and International Workshops and conventions of Photography. Also a regular faculty for studio lighting for Companys like Kodak Limited.
He is Vice President of A.P. State Akademi of Photography.
He has held many one man shows in Visakhapatnam and other places,
He has acted as a judge in many National and International Photographic Salons and is Former Chairman of Fashion and advertisement division of IIPC,
He is the Founder of Save Family Harmony at Visakhapatnam. SFH is an organization that counsels couples in dispute and gives psychological and legal help.
Takes regular weekend photography classes for beginners, advanced photographers and professional photographers. Conducted workshops all over India like Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore, Chennai, Hyderabad, Andaman, Goa, Jabalpur and many other places.)
Conferred with the International service honour ESFIAP from Federation of Indian Photography for his outstanding services rendered to promote Photography.
Beside photography activities also actively associated with other associations like:
- Past secretary of Rotary club, Visakhapatnam and a Paul Harris Fellow of Rotary International.
- State General Secretary of All India Marwari Federation,
- Executive member of Citizen Association for Responsible Tourism, Visakhapatnam,
- Member INTACH ( Indian National Trust for Art Culture & Heritage).
- Served as office bearer in Rajasthani Sanskritik Mandal and Agrawal Mahasabha.
- Past office bearer of Visakhapatnam Automobile dealers association.
- A regular judge in beauty pageants and other competitions.
- A regular blood donor.
- Selected and felicitated as the Outstanding Young person of A.P. by JAYCEES CLUB.
- Felicitated as the CITIZEN EMINENCE by Dist.collector for achievements in Photography.
- Covered the prestigious event of Navy in Vizag PFR(President’s Fleet Review) during President Abdul Kalam 2005 and (IFR) International Fleet Review in 2017 ( PM Narendra Modi and President Pranab Mukherjee)
-YPS Executive Committee