- This event has passed.
The YPS Saturday Meet – Karnataka Vaibhava
November 7 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm UTC+5.5
YPS Saturday Meet | Nov 7, Sat | 5:30 PM IST | Google Meet
Karnataka Rajyothsava or Kannada Day, also known as Karnataka Formation Day or Karnataka Day, is celebrated on 1 November of every year.
This was the day in 1956 when all the Kannada language-speaking regions of South India were merged to form the state of Karnataka
The celebrations are not limited to the 1st of November but continue through the month of November. YPS, as part of celebrating this momentous day has embarked on presentations by our members on all Saturdays through the month during the YPS SATURDAY MEET.
On Saturday, 7th November, we are fortunate to have our president Sri. H. Satish presenting to us Karnataka Vaibhava – A memoir of Karnataka’s Grandeur, a bird’s eye view of the treasures of Karnataka through his mesmerizing photographs taken through the years.
About the Speaker:
Mr. H Satish, President, YPS
MFIAP, MICS, ARPS, Hon.FICS, Hon.YPS, Hon.ECPA
The Karnataka Lalith Kala Academy has conferred on him the title – “State Artist” award.
For 40 years, he has been a member of YPS and currently he is the President.
His love for light and color has taken him across the subcontinent, and he is an avid traveler and has traveled all over India over 52 times, photographing its people, diverse culture, exquisite traditions, amazing landscapes, and vivid wildlife. He also has visited 4 other countries for photography. He has in his possession more than 1,00,000 pictures on all subjects in Digital files. He does portraits, product photography and occasionally industrial photography too. Many of his pictures have been published in international magazines, catalogs, newspapers, brochures, and books. His pictures have graced all the guidebooks brought out by “Outlook traveler” and “Today- Travel Plus “Magazine. WWF, BEML, BHEL, MICO, MCF, Canara Bank and many more Calendar spreads.
The art of playing with light and presenting things ordinary in extraordinary perspective, the portrayal of nature in its finest detail, and to capture the various human emotions in all its glory is what distinguishes Satish. The urge to play is natural to any child, but to play with light and bring forth beautiful images at the age of 12 is sheer prodigy. It is this gift of nature that made him take up cinematography in his academic stint. It was during his graduation that he started to capture nature in all its glory, naturally flowing appreciation and awards in both nature and pictorial sections of photography contests the world over.
Satish has been honored with 57 and more International Distinctions:
- ARPS – Associate of Royal Photographic Society of London.
- EFIAP – Excellence in photography from Federation International of Art Photographic, from Luxembourg.
- MFIAP – Master of photography – Federation International of Art Photographic, from Luxembourg
- MICS – Master of photography -Image Colleague Society of California
- cMoL- Competitor Master of Light- from Canada
- AIIPC – Associate of India International Photographic council- New Delhi.
- Honorary membership from – Youth photographic society, Bangalore;
- East Calcutta photographic association-Kolkata”.
- Honorary fellowship from image colleague society-California;
- Grand Progress award – GPA-PESGSPC, and Honorary PESGSPC – from Greece
- Honorary fellow from – sigma art academy-Hyderabad.
- Honorary- Hon.CPE from Campina, Romania
This session will be “VERY” INTERACTIVE.
Do join us on 07 Nov, 5:30 pm IST on Google Meet at the usual coordinates
Also request you to join the session 15 mins in prior to check your audio and video functionality.
The session starts at sharp 5.30 PM IST
Here is how to participate:
In case of any issues in connecting to the meeting, request to please call us on our official number by clicking here or simply dial: +91 9513-YPS-BLR (+91 9513-977-257)
You can also WhatsApp us by clicking here or by sending a WhatsApp message on the above mentioned official number.
Note: Registration is NOT necessary and look forward to seeing you all this Saturday at 5:15 PM IST.
Some salient features of YPS Saturday Meets:
- Exclusively for Members.
- Hear and be heard – These are interactive sessions and not talk shows.
- Discuss and learn from real Member Pictures for absolute learning for every one.
- Opinion from experts and knowledge from everyone who wants to share.
Some Google Meet Self-Disciplines to be followed to make the experience memorable for everyone:
- Do not interrupt when something is being presented. Keep a note of questions and ask them at the end when moderator opens the floor for questions.
- Keep your lines muted when not talking or asking questions.
- Keep your question and discussions brief and to the point.
- If you cannot get the required answer in two discussions, take them offline with the panel member.
- All pictures to be discussed should be uploaded here before the end date. We cannot receive pictures over WhatsApp or email for discussion.
-YPS Executive Committee