- This event has passed.
The YPS Saturday Meet – Mundane to Magnificent
December 12, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm UTC+5.5
YPS Saturday Meet | Dec 12, Sat | 5:30 PM IST | Google Meet
“Mundane to Magnificent” – A presentation focusing on how Mr. Ananth Kamat photographed mundane objects around him, such as utensils, daily groceries, and turned them into art.
About the Speaker:
Mr Ananth Kamat AFIP is a Software Engineer by profession, and based in Bangalore. Being just a ‘Guy-with-a-DSLR’, he was mesmerized by the Macro works of his colleague Mr. Raviprakash SS (NHM Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2014), and started pursuing Macro photography. In 2018, he was introduced to Youth Photographic Society through a Social Media post, and immediately joined the group. With the support and mentorship of YPS Macro Photography enthusiasts, he started learning about biodiversity and experimented with lights, angles and started upskilling himself, and also was introduced to the world of Salons. Since then, he has won multiple awards and acceptances in National and International Salons, and received his AFIP distinction in 2020.
An avid traveler, who has visited nearly 8 countries for photography, Mr. Ananth had to pause with the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic. With literally no access to the green covers of Bangalore, the scope for Macro photography also stopped. Being homebound for months, he started noticing the ordinary things around him and started photographing them.
This presentation focuses on how he found these easily accessible objects at home like utensils, stationary, vegetables and fruits etc. and photographed them with a basic APS-C Camera.
Do join us on 12 Dec, 5:30 pm IST on Google Meet at the usual coordinates
Also request you to join the session 15 mins in prior to check your audio and video functionality.
The session starts at sharp 5.30 PM IST
Here is how to participate:
In case of any issues in connecting to the meeting, request to please call us on our official number by clicking here or simply dial: +91 9513-YPS-BLR (+91 9513-977-257)
You can also WhatsApp us by clicking here (or on the icon below) or by sending a WhatsApp message on the above mentioned official number.
Note: Registration is NOT necessary and look forward to seeing you all this Saturday at 5:15 PM IST.
Some salient features of YPS Saturday Meets:
- Exclusively for Members.
- Hear and be heard – These are interactive sessions and not talk shows.
- Discuss and learn from real Member Pictures for absolute learning for every one.
- Opinion from experts and knowledge from everyone who wants to share.
Some Google Meet Self-Disciplines to be followed to make the experience memorable for everyone:
- Do not interrupt when something is being presented. Keep a note of questions and ask them at the end when moderator opens the floor for questions.
- Keep your lines muted when not talking or asking questions.
- Keep your question and discussions brief and to the point.
- If you cannot get the required answer in two discussions, take them offline with the panel member.
- All pictures to be discussed should be uploaded here before the end date. We cannot receive pictures over WhatsApp or email for discussion.
-YPS Executive Committee