For many years since inception, clubs from around the country used to look upon YPS as the most active and successful group when it comes to winning in Salons. Over a period of time, the group participation spirit had diminished, even though the members were actively participating in the Salons. This had two implications:
- The name of YPS was lost in the Salon Circle
- The new members joining YPS could not get the required guidance to participate in Salons and earn photographic honours.
YPS Salon Participation Group was formed in 2018 and was officially placed under the YPS Salon Participation Subcommittee in 2019 formalising the lead and members of the subcommittee. Very quickly the Salon Group grew and achievements started showing up.
- YPS won many Best Club Awards in 2018, 2019 and 2020 (see details below).
- Many YPS Members could achieve International and National Honours.
- YPS could, for the first time, participate as a club in FIAP World Cup 2019
- Best of the Best Exhibition held in December 2019 to commemorate success of the Salon Group.
Amidst the lock down imposed by Corona Virus, YPS achieved its 100th Best Club Award on April 8, 2020 by winning Best Indian Club award in Surodhuni Art 1st International Salon 2020 (Digital). Hearty Congratulations to the Salon Group Members and other Members who have contributed to this historical achievement.
TOTAL WINS SINCE 2018 : 232
|Year||Number of Awards||Gallery Link|
|2018||25 Best Club Awards||2018 Awards|
|2019||54 Best Club Awards||2019 Awards|
|2020||113 Best Club Awards||2020 Awards|
|2021||40 Best Club Awards||2021 Awards|
The Salon Participation Subcommittee
The Salon Participation Subcommittee is led by Mr. Krishna Bhat and supported by Mr. Digwas Bellemane.
EFIAP/b, EFIP, EPSA, cMOL, GPA.PESGSPC, Hon.PESGSPC, Grad.PSA Image Analysis
Mr. Krishna Bhat is a Scientist by profession in the field of aeronautics and a Fine Art Photographer by passion. The Himalayas and the Western Ghats are his favourite outdoors. He likes shooting landscapes, culture, people and enjoys creating monochrome images.He is a Life Member of Youth Photographic Society and co-mentors the YPS Salon Group contributing to YPS’ recent successes in National and International Salons. He actively participates in International Salons and has won many awards and commendations for his works from 40+ countries. He has also been a jury in several national & international photo contests.
MEMBERS OF SUBCOMMITTEE
- Mr. Digwas Bellemane, EFIAP,EPSA,EFIP, EIUP, Hon.MoL, A.CPE, Hon.CPE, Hon.WPG, Hon. AvTvISO. Hon.PESGSPC, GPA.PESGSPC, Hon.FPPS, Hon.GNG