- This event has passed.
Experimentation with Form and Color
November 22 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm UTC+5.5
YPS Meet Live | November 22, Sun | 5:30 PM | YPS Facebook Page and YouTube Channel
For about 40 years or so Mr Anil Risal Singh enjoyed doing Landscape Photography. But then he started thinking what was so special if a beautiful photograph is made out of the beautiful subject? He should strive to create beauty out of ordinary looking common things which usually go unnoticed…..and thus began a new journey – Experimentation with FORM & COLOUR
From the very beginning, he had a very strong liking for colourful geometrical and graphic forms found in nature as well as in man-made structures. With the passage of time, this liking has become stronger & stronger & stronger …..
and he started looking & striving for the possibilities to extract the essence of these elements to transform them into contemporary art form.
He says “Colour & form play important roles in our life in many ways in terms of utility & aesthetics. In this world “form and colour” are important aspects and attributes for everything, whether living or nonliving.
In nature and in man-made structures we find numerous forms (Geometrical, graphic or otherwise) and colours and these forms have tremendous relationship and bonding with each other and thus give the concept of beauty and sense of aesthetics and stimulate the human mind.
These images deal with patterns (forms) & colours, and their relationship derived from classic ideals of balance and symmetry.
These Images were created mostly from ordinary looking structures to show the inner vision through the pictures which create something unusual, and that unusual comes to life from looking at them through the camera viewfinder.
The main aim & concept is to create something unusual from most usual and ordinary looking things
I feel there are splendid lines (forms) and energy and space which are brilliantly crafting balance between stability and movement and it inspires me to use them with a sense of aesthetic possibilities.”
To join the session
1. Like the YPS Facebook page by clicking here:
2. Click on https://facebook.com/ypsbengaluru/live/ on 22 Nov 2020 at 5.30pm IST.
1. Subscribe to YPS YouTube channel by clicking here
2. Click on https://youtube.com/ypsbengaluru/live/ on 22 Nov 2020 at 5.30pm IST.
About the Speaker
Mr Anil Risal Singh MFIAP, ARPS, Hon.FIP, Hon.LCC, FFIP, AIIPC, Hon.FSoF, Hon.FPAC, Hon.TPAS, Hon.FSAP, Hon.FICS, Hon.PSGSPC, Hon.FPSNJ, Hon. Master-TPAS, Hon. Master-SAP, Hon.FWPAI, Hon.FGNG, GA-PSGSPC
Born at Agra in 1954, graduated from Lucknow Christian College in 1974, and post-graduation from Lucknow University in 1976 and then Diploma in Photography from Institute of Science & Technology, Mumbai. Widely travelled and exhibited his photographic images throughout the world, work in personal & institutional collection at home & abroad.
– Since last 45 years he has been exploring the creative possibilities using the medium of photography, and getting tremendous satisfaction and incredible happiness working with this magnificent medium.
– Office held
– Ex-President (2013-16), Federation of Indian Photography, the premier National body of Photography in the country.
– Retired as Head, Photo Division, National Research Laboratory for Conservation of Cultural Property, ministry of Culture, Govt. of India Lucknow – 226024
– President of Lucknow Camera Club, India (a 40 years old Camera Society).
– Foreign Grant
Awarded Charles Wallace Professional Grant to visit and study photographic collection in different museums in U.K. in 1999.
– Won around 250 National & International Awards
Some notable are:
– National Award of Photography Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India (2011)
– UNESCO Award (2009)
– Kodak Excellence Award
– Sony World Photography Award (2007)
– Venice International Photography Award (2008)
– U.P. Lalit Kala Art Photography All India Award (thrice) 2003, 2005, 2013
– SAARC Award in 2014
– Nikon-BP Photographer of the Year Award (2005)
– All India Fine Arts & Crafts Society (AIFACS), New Delhi (2018)
– Senior Fellowship by CCRT, Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India (2018)
– More than 1500 acceptances in National and International Salons of Photography.
– Appointed Influencer (Guide) by Nikon India (2019)
– About 500 photographs have been published in various national & international magazines, periodicals, newspapers etc.
– Solo & Group Exhibitions
– 20 Solo Exhibitions & several Group Shows in India
– 2 Solo Exhibitions in Atlanta, USA
– Group Exhibition at Place de Festival, Canes, France
– International ‘Honours’ and ‘Distinctions’
– Conferred with rare international honour, Master Federation Internationale de L-Art Photographique (MFIAP) by Federation Internationale de l-Art Photographique, France (FIAP is the only International body of photography associated with UNESCO), in 2009, till date only 15 Indian photo-artists got it.
– The Royal Photographic Society of Great Britain conferred its Associateship (ARPS) in 1999.
– Honorary Fellowship of Federation of Indian Photography (Hon.FIP) conferred in 2012.
– Hon. Fellowship of Image Colleague Society of America (Hon.FICS) in 2016
– Hon.PESGSPC by Pascal English School & Greek School Photographic Council, Cyprus in 2016
– Honorary Fellowship by (Hon.FPSNJ) by Photographic Society of New jersey, USA, in 2016
– Many Honorary Fellowships by different institutions, clubs and Societies.
– Teaching experience
– Experience of more than 35 years, teaching photography at different levels at different Institutes & Organizations.
-Guest lecturer, examiner and paper setter for various Indian Universities.
– Teaching and guiding photography students, trainees and research scholar etc.
– Planned & put-up many photographic exhibitions to generate awareness about the importance of our Cultural Heritage & conservation of our Natural heritage.
– Research Papers, articles & talks etc.
– 9 research papers presented and have been published in various International Conferences.
– Many articles on photography have been published in various magazines & News Papers.
– Many talks and interviews broadcasted & telecasted by various broadcasting & television channels.
6 years (2011 – 16) editor for “Viewfinder”, of Federation of Indian Photography the only premier body of photography in the country.
– Chairman of the jury for National Photography Awards & Life time Achievement Award by Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Govt. of India for the year 2015.
– Jury member for several National & International Salons of Photography &
45- MIG, Shekhupura Colony, Aliganj, Kursi Road, Lucknow – 226022
-YPS Executive Committee