For a second time in two years, Drsti has received many accolades from the jury of PSA 2022 Newsletter contest.
This contest draws many entries from photographic clubs across the globe and participating clubs compete in two sections: Small Clubs and Large Clubs. YPS, by virtue of its number of members, falls under ‘Large Clubs’.
The Jan-Feb ‘22 issue of the newsletter was submitted for the contest and it has been adjudged as having the Best Banner and Best Layout. One of the articles in this issue under ‘Just Grasp It’: ‘Basic Portrait Photography Lighting’ by Mr. Ashok Kandimala was adjudged as the ‘Best How-To article’. YPS’s Executive Committee congratulates Drsti’s Editorial Team for bringing these international accolades to the club. It also thanks and congratulates Mr Kandimala for contributing this commended article.
Some of the noteworthy comments by the jury panel:
- Drsti has outstanding content when it comes to the quality of its articles and its celebration of member achievements
- I freely admit that each and every writer in Drsti is better at writing in English than I am in any of the languages I studied
- The visual presentation of this newsletter is outstanding. The cover is colorful and beautiful and creates a desire to see more (prompting a look inside)
- A strength of the newsletter is the large number of photographs that break up the text in various sizes
- I really like the fact that you get a number of your members to provide narratives about how they came to make their art
- The ‘Voice of our Readers’ section was a very creative and motivational plus that other newsletters should imitate. The format/layout was nicely done
- ‘Just Grasp It’ article: ‘Basic Portrait Photography Lighting’ by Mr. Ashok Kandimala was very informative, with good use of diagrams and photos, as well as a bit of humour (“Remember you are taking a portrait and not a mug shot!”). I think it was one of the best ‘How to’ articles I judged this year.
- I enjoyed the featured article: ‘Blue City – The fabled City of Jodhpur’ by Mr H Satish. I especially appreciated the fact that the author provided tips for photographing that city. Great information and fantastic photos.
- ‘A young and talented photo artist’ was so inspiring—both because junior associate Anagha Mohan is only 14 and also because she is a young lady in a sea of male competitors!
- The ‘Weaver Combat’ photo by Prof Dr Pradeep GCM with explanation was really awe inspiring (macro photography).
- Overall, this is a truly beautiful newsletter and it is evident that a great deal of work went into creating it.
H Satish MFIAP, MICS, ARPS, cMoL, Hon MFIP (Nature), Hon YPS
Ananth Kamat AFIP
B V Prakash
Digwas Bellemane EFIAP/b, EPSA, EFIP, EIUP, cMoL, A.CPE
M S Kakade
Prema Kakade EFIAP, EFIP, GPA.PESGSPC, cMoL, A.CPE
V Madhusudana D Rao AFIAP, cMoL
Graphics: Arun Poovaiah
Layout: Rajasimha Sathyanarayana AFIAP, AFIP, cMoL
Page Design: Digwas Bellemane EFIAP/b, EPSA, EFIP, EIUP, cMoL, A.CPE