From Editor’s Desk
September was full of actions and programs. A hectic month for the ever energetic team to organize things. In fact, we have become more prone to urgent meetings and working on tight schedules. A 9-member team went to Jaisalmer for desert photography workshop and came out with loads of colorful fantastic images. Five of them traveled further to the popular National parks and have captured some interesting images of the wildlife of Rajasthan. A session on this experience will be arranged in the near future. While half of the committee members were busy shooting in Rajasthan, our mercury-like member Mr. Vikas was busy arranging a Photography Contest on ‘Karnataka’ with the Department of Karnataka Tourism. We are privileged to have been associated with the Department of Karnataka Tourism and remarkably the contest and exhibition was completed within an extremely short span of one week!! Pooh! Hats off to Mr. Murali Santhanam, who created a separate website overnight for the contest and published the details instantly in both YPS and Karnataka Tourism websites. YPS also got very good publicity in the media. Thanks to Murali and Vikas for their excellent work in this regard. The Minister for Tourism, Sri. Priyank Kharge and the Director of Tourism Dr. N. Manjula, both appreciated the pictures and the work done by YPS. Sri. T. Kempanna, Sri. Giri Cavale and Dr. Manoj C. Sindhagi were the judges. Thanks to all for the cooperation and support.
Friends, keep yourself free for all the programs scheduled for the month of October 2016, as we have lots of them, to keep you busy and improve learning. If you really want to gain knowledge and inspiration in the ‘Art of Photography’, don’t miss any of these! Since we celebrate NAVARATHRI festival – feast for your stomach with “Habbada oota” and feast your EYES at YPS, through presentations.
HAPPY NAVARATHRI AND DEEPAVALI TO ALL !
September 2016 Events
|Event Details||Event Report|
|Travel Photography by Murali Santhanam||Marvellous Moscow|
|Himalayan Views by Arjun Haarith||Traveller Terrific|
October 2016 Events
|Oct 2||Venkatappa Art Gallery||YPS Meet : Wildlife Week Celebration|
|Oct 15 & 16||JP Nagar Cultural Association||YPS Salon : Open Judging 34th YPS All India Salon|
|Oct 17||JP Nagar Cultural Association||Workshop on Portraits with Umbrella Lighting for YPS Members|
World Tourism Day Digital Photo Contest 2016
During September 2016, YPS hosted a Digital Photo Contest to commemorate World Tourism Day on behalf of Department of Tourism, Government of Karnataka. Hearty Congratulations to all YPS Members who participated in the contest. Special congratulations to the YPS members who won awards and certificates of merit in the contest. Please read the report on how the Contest happened and the outcomes.
Karnataka Heritage Category
- Certificate of Merit – “Surrender” by Sudheendra KP (LM-232)
- Certificate of Merit – “Virupaksha Temple at night” by Arjun Haarith (IM-0127)
- Certificate of Merit – “Culture and Tradition” by Srinivas K S (LM-138), AFIAP
- Certificate of Merit – “Dasara Doll Palace” by Anitha Mysore (IM-0017)
- Certificate of Merit – “Yakshagana Folk Art” by Rajaram Kilar Subbarao (LM-010), AFIAP
Karnataka Nature Category
- 2nd Prize – “Red Munia with Peacock Feather” by Martin KP (LM-204), AFIP, AICS
- Certificate of Merit – “Tiger dragging the kill” by Sathyanarayana Chintalapalle (LM-098), EFIAP, ARPS, FICS, HON.FPSG
- Certificate of Merit – “Red Bug with Baby Bugs” by Ramu M (LM-223), EFIAP, ARPS
1. Dr. M D Minajigi – Photographic Society America (USA) Print of the month Contest – A) First Place, B) third place, C) honorary Mentions (HM)-5