YPS Workshop | Capturing Heritage | February 17th | Mentored by Goutham Ramesh
Exclusive permission for photography has been obtained from ASI
Join us for a unique photography workshop set against the backdrop of the magnificent temples of Lepakshi. This hands-on experience is designed for 15 participants eager to explore the art of temple photography. The workshop is designed for intermediate-level photographers.
About the Mentor
Mr Goutham Ramesh
An Information Technology Executive by profession and a YPS Life Member, Goutham Ramesh has gone through many different and obsessive phases of photographing subjects like Macro, Nature, Travel and People. He calls his works ‘Canvas of Light’ and uses light as an important aspect of his images. He frequently conducts workshops to share his knowledge. He has won many international awards and his works are displayed all over the world.
Follow Goutham’s work here: https://gouthamramesh.com/
About Veerabhadra temple
Located in Lepakshi, the temple is dedicated to the Veerabhadra, a fierce incarnation of Lord Shiva. Built in the 16th century, the temple’s architectural features are in the Vijayanagara style with a profusion of carvings and paintings on almost every exposed temple surface, making it a photographer’s delight. A short distance away is a monolithic Nandi.
Key Workshop Highlights
Field Practice: Explore the Lepakshi temples, applying techniques learned on-site.
Composition Tips: Learn to frame shots that showcase the architectural beauty and cultural significance.
Low-Light Photography: Master the art of capturing stunning interiors using appropriate lighting techniques.
- Wide-Angle Lens: Ideal for capturing the grandeur of temple architecture and wide vistas.
- Ultra-Wide Angle Lens: Provides a broader perspective, perfect for encompassing intricate details.
- Fish Eye Lens: Offers a creative edge, adding a unique and distorted perspective to your shots.
- External Flash
- Participants should bring their DSLR or mirrorless cameras.
- Ensure that you have at least one wide-angle lens for optimal learning.
- Date: February 17, 2024
- Itinerary: Participants will arrive in Lepakshi at 06:30 am. Participants will have to make their own travel arrangements (car-pooling is recommended, approximate drive time from Mekhri Circle: 2 hours)
- Duration of workshop: About 3 hours
- Number of participants: 15
- Last date of registration: February 15, 2024
- Price: YPS Member Rs 999 per participant, ex- Lepakshi
- Price: Non-Member Rs 1,249 per participant, ex- Lepakshi
- Note: Participants have to submit their pictures for sharing with ASI which may be for publicity, with due credit to authors
- Photography mentoring
- Snacks and breakfast at Lepakshi
- To and fro travel
YPS Members: Login and click on the Register Button
Non Members: Click on the Register Button