- This event has passed.
Know All About Salon Judging
June 10 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm UTC+5.5
YPS Saturday Meet | Jun 10, Sat | 5:30 PM IST | S3 E 6| Google Meet
Participation in salons culminates in earning distinctions. As a salon participant have you wondered about how the jury rate your pictures? What they look for? or do you aspire to be in a juror’s seat? This presentation and talk will dwell upon all that you should know about the process of judging pictures.
About the Speaker:
Mr H Satish,
D.cine, MFIAP, MICS, ARPS, PPSA, cMoL, GPA.PESGSPC
He is the first Indian to be honoured with EFIAP and MFIAP in Nature colour prints and the youngest Indian to get MFIAP. He is also the first Indian to get two master’s distinctions in the Nature section, from international photography bodies.
He has judged more than 35 international and 40 national salons. His pictures have graced all the guidebooks published by ‘Outlook Traveller’ and ‘Today- Travel Plus’ magazines. He has contributed calendar spreads to WWF, BEML, BHEL, MICO, MCF and Canara Bank. Andhra Pradesh Photography Academy has published a book on his wildlife photographic journey. Till date, he has won 978 national and international awards. For his achievements, he has been conferred with the title of Karnataka’s State Artist – an award in the field of Art of Photography by Karnataka Lalit Kala Academy.
Request you to join the session 15 mins prior to check your audio and video functionality.
The session starts at sharp 5.30 PM IST
Here is how to participate:
In case of any issues in connecting to the meeting, request to please call us on our official number by clicking here or simply dial: +91 9513-YPS-BLR (+91 9513-977-257)
You can also WhatsApp us by clicking here (or on the icon below) or by sending a WhatsApp message on the below-mentioned official number.
Note: Registration is NOT necessary and look forward to seeing you all this Saturday at 5:15 PM IST.
Some salient features of YPS Saturday Meets:
- Exclusively for Members.
- Hear and be heard – These are interactive sessions and not talk shows.
- Discuss and learn from real Member Pictures for absolute learning for everyone.
- Opinions from experts and knowledge from everyone who wants to share.
Some Google Meet Self-Disciplines to be followed to make the experience memorable for everyone:
- Do not interrupt when something is being presented. Keep a note of questions and ask them at the end when moderator opens the floor for questions.
- Keep your lines muted when not talking or asking questions.
- Keep your question and discussions brief and to the point.
- If you cannot get the required answer in two discussions, take them offline with the panel member.
-YPS Executive Committee