- This event has passed.
YPS Saturday Meet – Ranthambore – Tiger Paradise
July 16, 2022 @ 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm UTC+5.5
YPS Saturday Meet | July 16, Sat | 6:30 PM IST | State Youth Centre
Dr Huilgol fell in love with Ranthambhore Tiger Reserve since his first ever wild tiger sighting there in 1992. Where else can one see these majestic animals against backdrops that include ancient forts, palaces, monuments and ruins that date back to over 1,000 years ago, not to mention lakes, streams and the Aravalli Hills that are more than 1.5 million years old! In his talk, he will present the history of the fort that dominates the landscape, the contribution of Machli, the legendary tigress and some of her iconic offsprings, about other tigers that have continued the saga and also share some images of birds and animals that share this reserve with tigers.
About the Speaker
Mr. Ajit Huilgol. ARPS, EFIP, AFIAP, PPSA C*MoL, GPU CR4, GM.APS, E.NPS, Hon CPE , BAPU, E.SSP
Dr Huilgol is a pioneer kidney transplant surgeon, having been in the team that did Karnataka’s first successful kidney transplant way back in May, 1983.
Since then, he has performed over 2500 transplants. He was a cricket commentator in English for All India Radio from 1972 (at 21 years of age, probably the youngest to do so) to 2005. He did a few on Doordarshan TV as well. He received the Runner-Up Award in the BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year, 2009 in the Mammals Behavior Category. He was an amateur hypnotist during his college days and gave many public performances.
He also did a minor role as cricket commentator in a movie titled “Freaky Chakra” starring Dipti Naval.
Since he became a member of the Youth Photographic Society, in Nov 2020, he started to actively participate in national and international salons, and have close to 10,000 acceptances in PSA Salons alone. He was conferred the PPSA Distinction in June this year.
Covid Protocol for the event
While there are some relaxations to curfew times, we are still required to follow all the precautions that the Government of Karnataka has prescribed. Here are a list of protocols that the visitors must adhere to:
- Persons attending should follow the Covid Appropriate Behavior prescribed by the Govt. of Karnataka. This includes social distancing and wearing of mask.
- All visitors must pass the Thermal screening test done by YPS at the entrance.
- We may have to ask visitors to wait to limit the number of people at the venue within permitted numbers.
- We will not be able to admit accompanying children below the age of 18.
- Persons visiting the hall must have completed both doses of vaccination.
- Every visitor will also be asked to sign a Covid declaration before being admitted to the hall.
-YPS Executive Committee