- This event has passed.
Introduction to Deep Sky Astrophotography
November 12, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm UTC+5.5
YPS Saturday Online Meet | Nov 12, Sat | 5:30 PM IST | S2 E6
Astrophotography of deep sky objects is one of the most challenging and rewarding branches of photography. As is the case in many other forms of photography, it is not just the pictures you get at the end of the day (end of night in this case!). The whole experience of spending long hours under star studded skies and collecting photons arriving from thousands and millions of light years away has no parallel. It has created a lot of interest in India among astronomy enthusiasts as well as photography hobbyists in the last few years. This session is an introduction to this fascinating field that presents endless possibilities. As the cliché goes, this is a discipline where sky is the limit. Or should we say, even sky is not the limit!
About the Speaker:
Mr. Chandrashekar G
Chandrashekar is into astronomy since 1980s and has wide experience in making and using telescopes. He is active in popularising astronomy through talks, skywatching programs etc., at schools, colleges, astronomy seminars and even in the Bengaluru Planetarium.
He started his astrophotography journey with manually driven equipment that looks almost comical in today’s high-tech world. Over the years he has acquired some sophisticated equipment that makes the Astro-life a lot easier. He would be speaking on the basics of deep sky astrophotography along with some of his learnings from years of doing astronomy.
Social handles :
facebook: Chandrashekar Gopalarao
Do join us on 12 November, 2022, 5:30 pm IST on Google Meet at the usual coordinates
Also request you to join the session 15 mins prior to check your audio and video functionality.
The session starts at sharp 5.30 PM IST
Here is how to participate:
In case of any issues in connecting to the meeting, request to please call us on our official number by clicking here or simply dial: +91 9513-YPS-BLR (+91 9513-977-257)
You can also WhatsApp us by clicking here (or on the icon below) or by sending a WhatsApp message on the above mentioned official number.
Note: Registration is NOT necessary and look forward to seeing you all this Saturday at 5:15 PM IST.
Some salient features of YPS Saturday Meets:
- Exclusively for Members.
- Hear and be heard – These are interactive sessions and not talk shows.
- Discuss and learn from real Member Pictures for absolute learning for every one.
- Opinion from experts and knowledge from everyone who wants to share.
Some Google Meet Self-Disciplines to be followed to make the experience memorable for everyone:
- Do not interrupt when something is being presented. Keep a note of questions and ask them at the end when moderator opens the floor for questions.
- Keep your lines muted when not talking or asking questions.
- Keep your question and discussions brief and to the point.
- If you cannot get the required answer in two discussions, take them offline with the panel member.
- All pictures to be discussed should be uploaded here before the end date. We cannot receive pictures over WhatsApp or email for discussion.
-YPS Executive Committee