YPS World Photography Day 2022
August 20 @ 11:00 am - August 21 @ 6:00 pm UTC+5.5
20, 21 August 2022 | 11AM to 6PM | Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath
YPS has been celebrating this day with various types of events. This year, on 20, and 21 August, we bring for you:
Exhibition of Prints: Black & White Bonanza: 11am – 6pm on Sat, Sun 20, 21 Aug 2022
On the Spot Photo Shoot: FotoFantasy: 11am – 6pm on Sat, Sun 20, 21 Aug 2022
Slideshow and Talk: Colorful Croatia and Bosnia: 4pm – 5pm on Saturday 20 Aug 2022
Black & White Bonanza
There can be no celebration without member participation. We all take many pictures and post them on digital platforms. But nothing comes close to a print, framed and displayed in the prominent and prestigious gallery The Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath!
Submit your best Black & White pictures, we will curate, print, frame and display it at The Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath on 20th and 21st August. This ‘for members only’ exhibition is FREE OF CHARGE and you get to take the print after the exhibition. Option of taking back the framed picture at a nominal cost is also available.
Please note that the pictures will be printed in 12×18 inch format.
- Registration/Upload Starts on: Aug 1st 2022
- Last Date for Registration/Upload: Aug 15 th, 2022
- File size: 4320 px on the longer side px, 300 PPI, 5 MB to 10 MB, only in JPG/JPEG format
- Theme : Black & White, any subject.
- Maximum uploads: 2 pictures. 1 selected picture will be displayed
- Frames on display: Limited to 100 on ‘First Come – First Serve’ basis
- No watermarks or names on the image
- Prints / Frames can be collected only at 6PM on Sunday, 21 Aug 2022 at the venue. Bring your own bags to carry framed picture
- Entry Fee: FREE
Submission Link: https://memex.ypsbengaluru.com/
We are happy to announce that TechNova Imaging Systems (P) Limited is our Print Partner!
Activate the ‘Gray Cells’ ….. think ‘Out-of-the-Box’ ….. Visualize with the ThirdEye ….. Shoot using the props provided ….. Process at leisure ….. Create something BEYOND THE BOX ….. Submit and win YPS Memorables and More!
This event, ‘on the spot’ shoot is on 20 August 2022, in celebration of World Photography Day.
Simple props, some lights, backdrop screen and tables will be provided at the venue, Karnataka Chitrakala Parishath. Bring your own cameras and phones to shoot.
2 memorables will be given away every 1 hour
- 1 for youth below 18 years of age
- 1 for above 18 years of age
- Maximum uploads: 4 pictures
- Images have to be submitted in two ways
- Link: Mail your submissions with your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post all you shoot on Instagram and/or Facebook and tag @yspbengaluru, and use following hashtags
- #YPSWPD2022 #YPSFotoFantasy2022 #YPSBengaluru #YouthPhotographicSociety
- Shoot with a camera or your phone.
- Shoot from 11AM to 6PM on 20 August, 2022
- Submit by 7PM on 20 August, 2022. Pictures shot only at venue and using the props provided to be submitted.
- No watermarks or names on the images
- This is open for Members and General Public
- Announcement of best submissions at 5PM, Sunday 21 August, 2022
- Take your processing to the limits possible
- Entry Fee: Free
Here are some samples:
Images by Hardik Shah
Water droplets on a lid, lit by a table lamp
False ceiling in a theatre lobby in Bengaluru
Fingerprints wiped on a wall in a Govt. Office
Images by Prema Kakade
Soup spoons in a restaurant
House of Horror as shot in a restaurant
Raindrops on water lily leaf
Condensed water on cling film
Colorful Croatia and Bosnia
Slideshow and talk by Dr. Maddur Badarinath
Travel photography occupies an important place in the world of photography. It not only involves documentation but artistically showcasing of the area’s landscape, people, cultures, customs and history. Dr Maddur Badarinath presents Croatia and Bosnia in all its glory!
About the Presenter: Dr. Maddur Badarinath
Maddur Badarinath grew up in Mysore. After medical school in Mysore he went to England and then settled in the USA. He is actively practicing Intensive care Medicine. He got interested in photography while in England and started taking pictures wherever he went. In the USA he upgraded his cameras and took online courses in photography and started reading articles about photography. Nature and landscape photography are his passion but he also does other genres for fun. He enjoys travelling and has a good collection of travel pictures.
Maddur says “Photography is meditation and relaxation after years of stressful life as an ICU doctor. I still enjoy my work and photography. I share my photography with patients and friends and help them to relax. I did have solo and group photography shows in the local art galleries and have sold many pictures. I would be happy if I can make someone smile with my photography.”
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/maddur.badarinath
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/badariphotography/
Covid Protocol for the event
While there are some relaxations to curfew times, we are still required to follow all the precautions that the Government of Karnataka has prescribed. Here are a list of protocols that the visitors must adhere to:
- Persons attending should follow the Covid Appropriate Behaviour prescribed by the Govt. of Karnataka. This includes social distancing and wearing of mask.
- All visitors must pass the Thermal screening test done by YPS at the entrance.
- We may have to ask visitors to wait to limit the number of people at the venue within permitted numbers.
- We will not be able to admit accompanying children below the age of 18.
- Persons visiting the hall must have completed both doses of vaccination.
- Every visitor will also be asked to sign a Covid declaration before being admitted to the hall.
-YPS Executive Committee