YPS Meet | Apr 16 | Venkatappa Art Gallery
The questions on the minds of everyone who assembled at Venkatappa Art Gallery on Sunday evening to listen to Arjun were “Should I continue with Photoshop ? Should I switch to Lightroom ? How easy is it to switch to Lightroom ?”. Mr. Arjun Haarith started the presentation by addressing these basic questions. The summary of his responses are,
- Lightroom is different from Photoshop and hence some unlearning is required.
- Lightroom is easy to master.
- Lightroom is designed keeping photographers in mind and hence it is beneficial to switch to Lightroom.
- Lightroom works closely with Photoshop and hence, where comfortable, you can continue to use Photoshop even if you are using the Lightroom as the primary photo editor.
Given the short time, Mr. Arjun did a wonderful job of providing a quick overview of Lightroom. The talk covered the topics of,
- User Interface
- Modules – Library, Develop, Slideshow, Print, Web
- Concept of Catalogue
- Views – Grid, Loupe, Survey, Compare
- Tagging Images
- Publishing images to social media like Facebook and Instagram.
Mr. Arjun provided a wealth of information under each of the above topics.Our sincere thanks to Mr. Arjun.
For those who missed the session, a slideshow of the slides is available below: