YPS Meet | November 17, Sat | 6:30 PM | State Youth Centre
We all love to travel and we all love to take portraits. How about taking portraits while you travel? Photographing people you don’t know can be a very challenging and a different experience all together.
The next YPS meet is a slideshow by Russell Dmello on “Travel Portrait Photography”.
Continue reading TRAVEL PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY – A Slideshow by Mr. Russell Dmello
YPS Salon In Focus | Nov 10 | 6:30 PM | State Youth Centre
This time the YPS Open House program is designed exclusively for the members interested in participating and winning in National and International Salons. The Salon in Focus will be conducted by no other than Mr. H. Satish, President YPS who has more than 875 Salon wins and had been part of jury in more than 48 National and International Salons. The Salon in Focus for this week is the “YPS 36th All India Salon 2018“.
The “Salon In Focus” program is aimed at increasing participation and winning by YPS Members in National and International Salons. This will be achieved by,
- forming and nurturing salon focused group
- critically reviewing pictures with specific salons in mind
- sharing and learning ideas for collective growth of the entire group
- celebrating successes from Salons
- eliminating duplication and competition from within the group thereby the chances of success for the entire group is enhanced
This Salon in Focus for this session is “YPS 36th All India Salon 2018”.
- YPS 36th All India Salon 2018 accepts pictures under 4 categories. Identify and shortlist no more than 8 pictures under each category that you plan to submit.
- Resize the selected images in the resolution that the Salon has stipulated (maximum 1920 pixels width and maximum 1200 pixels height) so that the images are ready for submission.
- Copy them on a pen-drive, preferably under separate folders for each category, and bring them to the venue.
What will you get
The pictures will be projected in native resolution. Mr. Satish will review the pictures and provide specific guidance regarding its strengths and shortcomings to help you decide on its submission.
Reach the venue on time and be prepared to stay till the end of the session.
YPS Executive Committee
YPS Meet | November 3, Sat | 6:30 PM | State Youth Centre
We as photographers, always try to see things differently and shoot them in new ways, in new angles, to get a unique and different perspective. One such different and unique angle is Bird’s Eye View, shooting from high-up!
The next YPS meet will be YPS Member’s presentation on the theme “Bird’s Eye View”, an opportunity to showcase your aerial images shot from an aeroplane/helicopter/drone.
Continue reading YPS Members Presentation – Bird’s Eye View
YPS Open House | Oct 13 | 6:30 PM | State Youth Centre
Welcome to the next edition of Open House. This Open House is to clear the doubts having from the previous Post Processing Workshop “First Steps in Photoshop”!
YPS Open House, is a free format discussion program aiming to achieve the following objectives:
- To build stronger bonding,
- To clarify doubts that have remained in the corner of the mind for too long,
- To provide guidance on matters relevant to photography,
- To learn and to share
Here are some of the activities that will be taken up during YPS Open House:
- Clarifying any doubts regarding any particular tool which was discussed on the Post Processing Workshop using Photoshop.
- Clearing doubts on the basic tools used in the Adobe Photoshop for post processing.
What you should do
If you have any doubts or need clarification on the basic tools discussed on the post processing workshop using photoshop then get your laptop(with the Adobe Photoshop software pre-installed) and some images to work upon, we will discuss on the same and help you clarify the doubts!
YPS Invites you to join us to share and to learn.